Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm intrested in getting a washer/dryer combo... dose anyone have one, is it any good?

i've looked into thor and LG and i don't know which one to go for. any advice or tips would be grate.I'm intrested in getting a washer/dryer combo... dose anyone have one, is it any good?
from experience i would not buy one of theese things , they use bags of electricity they take forever to completete a cycle and they go wrong for a pastime . had one it just kept breaking down the engineer just said its the most common thing they are called out for and when they go wrong they are rather expensive to fix , he said because they do both there is more to go wrong with them .I'm intrested in getting a washer/dryer combo... dose anyone have one, is it any good?
I don't have one any longer since I moved into a house, however, when I owned my condo I had a Maytag. Things may have changed some since Maytag has been absorbed by Whirlpool- interesting to share- when I purchased my Maytag I was replacing a Whirlpool model. The major difference was that the Maytag stackable unit was full size for both dryer and washer and still fit into my closet nicely. The Whirlpool did not have a full-size washer tub and was very easy to overfill and cause problems. One comment I will make is that when I purchased my unit (had to have stackable because of the condo setup) it was much more expensive than buying separate washer and dryer units. That is something you may want to consider.
I have a compact Whirlpool combo unit with a gas dryer; it's okay. Most of all I wish it were bigger so I could do slightly larger loads and wouldn't have to take some things to a laundromat.





I've read that some can't wash and dry at the same time; that's a key feature if you ever do multiple loads, so make sure you know whether yours can.





It's not energy-saving or water-saving, and there's no option to turn off the buzzer, which is super-loud in a small space. (That's not combo-specific, of course.)





I mostly line-dry now, so for limited money I'd rather have a fancier washer and live without a dryer for a while. Alas, I have limited space, so not much choice.
I've thought about getting one too except I'm worried that if something were to go wrong with one of the componenets, both of the components would be shot since they probably run off the same wiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment