Thursday, January 7, 2010

My GE washer will not turn on?

I have a GE washer model GSLS1100, and it will not turn on. last time I used it it stopped in the middle of the final spin cycle and now it won't turn on. I have checked the plug and it works, so it has to be the washer. when I press the on/off button nothing happens, no lights come on nothing. I would like some other option before trying a repair man.My GE washer will not turn on?
I tried to find an answer for you but couldn't, good luck with that!My GE washer will not turn on?
If there are no lights that means that either you need to unplug the machine for 30 seconds and plug it back in. (That reboots the board) Or call 1800 GE CARES Usually Rebooting works. e-mail me if I can help you further. Good luck. GE Service tech
On G.E. washers ---check the safety lid switch -- if this is bad then you get nothing but water fill up.


Other things might be : water level control switch faulty , timer ,drive motor, wiring connections.


On the lid switch %26gt;%26gt; you could~~~ connect the 2 wires together and wirenut them to bypass the lid switch completely.


This will allow the tub to spin even if the lid is open, while in the spin cycle.
There is a switch that is triggered by the lid closing. When the lid is open, or if the switch is broken (so the machine thinks the lid is still open), the washer will refuse to spin.





For safety reasons, it is designed not to spin when the lid is open. So if the washer will fill up and rinse the clothes but refuse to spin, it is most likely that switch. A qualified repairman should be able to replace it for about $150 (New Jersey prices).





If you've disassembled the washer, replacing the switch isn't difficult. If you've never taken it apart and put it back together, it helps a lot to have hints from someone who has. I watched the repairman the first time it broke and I've been able to fix it myself since.





Here is a hint for my GE washer: You have to remove some of the plastic edging near the controls. This reveals some screws that you need to loosen in order to flip the control panel backwards. Then, underneath that, there are some latches; when released, you can flip the whole sheet metal cabinet forward, revealing things like the switch.





Of course, before replacing the switch, it helps to have a meter and some knowledge of electricity to test whether the switch is the culprit.
Look in the manual. Hope that helps.
well to make it easy on you. the switch went out on you. its the switch for the water level. mine has done it to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment