Thursday, December 24, 2009

I left my clothes in the washer and now they have a sour smell to them. How can I get rid of that sour smell?

Rewash them and add 1 cup white distilled vinegar to the rinse cycle. The vinegar not only deodorizes, but kills the mold and germs causing the sour smell. Dry the clothes. The vinegar smell dissipates as it dries.I left my clothes in the washer and now they have a sour smell to them. How can I get rid of that sour smell?
vinegar





1 tblspn to the wash load and simply rewash as usualI left my clothes in the washer and now they have a sour smell to them. How can I get rid of that sour smell?
Rewash, but add a cap or 2 full of vinegar. This usually does the trick. It also helps with white clothes.
Wash them again.





The smell is mildew, which loves the damp environment of wet clothes sitting in the washer.
Actually sometimes just washing them again does no good. Every washer has an area below the tub surface that retains water, that also goes stagnant. We have this issue with our washer, sometimes fresh laundry that has just completed has a sour smell. what I do is add about a half a box of baking soda to the load of laundry along with the soap and rewash, clothes will come out smelling fresh and clean.
Re-wash them again %26amp; in the final rinse add a cup of white vinegar.:)
REEEEEWAAAASH!
I allways put them in there and wash them again and it works fine for me.
When this happens to me the only thing that eliminates the smell is washing them again.
You need to wash them again . then add some fabric softener to the final rinse which always leaves clothes smelling fresh and clean
Rewash them.

No comments:

Post a Comment