Sunday, December 20, 2009

My front loading clothes washer isnt spinning well, my clothes are still dripping wet. Any ideas?

i think the drum may be loose.My front loading clothes washer isnt spinning well, my clothes are still dripping wet. Any ideas?
It could be that or that your water pump is shot which is much more likely, its happened to my neighbour who paid a lot of money for hers and shes blown 2 motors and 3 water pumps in 5 years so its been a costly experience for her, theres really no way to tell without looking at it, if its the drum loose it would give of a thumping noise each time it turned and you'd really know about it, so my money is on the pump! :)My front loading clothes washer isnt spinning well, my clothes are still dripping wet. Any ideas?
I just paid $70 for a repair guy to come out and tell me it is the way I'm loading the clothes and what cycle I put it on and it confuses the computer so that it doesn't go into a full spin-- well it did just fine for 2 years now all of a sudden it does it every so often just because??? I f I even think twice i put it on heavy duty it seems to do better??
sounds like the pump has broken.





the drum cannot spin as it is too heavy with all the water inside.





to rescue your clothes...





get a strong black binbag and selotape one side of the opening just below the door.





put the binbag inside the laundry basket, as a sort of waterproof liner.





hold the binbag open as you open the door, to catch water and clothes.





see if the machine will spin when empty.





i have changed pumps in several machines,, they are fiddly but not complicated.





if you don't think you can change it, call out a repair man!





you can tell him if it spins on empty and he can work out what the problem is
Mine come out like that alot if I don't have the max extract button pushed or if I have it set up for a second rinse or if I have an unbalanced load in there. Try washing just one or two items and that should be an indication if there is something wrong with the machine or the process. My maytag (purchased early 2000's) had to have alot of servicing due to faulty belts. If you have a maytag you might want to consider that too...





http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowner鈥?/a>
firstly try doing smaller loads, it could be that your putting too much stuff in. i know if i put too much in on a 30' cycle it doesn't spin properly. if that doesn't helpmthen u know theres defo a mehcanical problem with it. i hope its still under its guarentee otherwise its going to cost u
make sure you are not overloading. a belt may be loose on the drum, sounds like you need to call the repair man
  • liquid cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment