Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why do people think you can't wash a feather pillow in the washer? I do it all the time with no problems.

Washing is more harmful to the feathers (breaks them down leaving a lot of the 'sticks' from the feathers).





The hard part too is getting them dry (which I would suggest using tennis balls to help 'fluff' the feathers and spread them out during the drying process).





The normal way they clean feathers is to put it in a machine that cleans them by using ozone, it sanitizes them and it's much gentler on the feathers...which is why people pay to have this done.





Hope that helps!!Why do people think you can't wash a feather pillow in the washer? I do it all the time with no problems.
That was my question. I'd like to know what people think about it as well. :-) I do know that the feathers smell pretty bad when they get wet, maybe that is why?Why do people think you can't wash a feather pillow in the washer? I do it all the time with no problems.
I do as well, i think the problem or misconception is people think that because a few feathers appear in the lint that is it leaking.
tennis balls or sneakers work just fine n the dryer with your feathered pillows or clothing.
No idea that everyone didn't. Drying it is a pain though - smelly.
Yeah!


My cat peed on mine a few months ago, and I HAD to wash it (obviously), and was freaking out about drying it..


It came out fluffier and nicer than it was before I washed it.








BUT... I believe after multiple washes, the feathers break down over time. I may be wrong, but I think that's what I was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment