Thursday, December 24, 2009

What will remove the oder of cat spray/urine from stuffed animals and other things that can't go in the washer

A male cat sprayed my son's stuffed animals and also his shag pillows that can't be submerged. I really want to keep them so I need to know what will get the smell out quickly and safely.What will remove the oder of cat spray/urine from stuffed animals and other things that can't go in the washer
Try diluting white vinger in a spray bottle and spray the objects.This worked on my brand new Couch set(grrrrrrrr) that my cat peed on(grrrr again).


HTHWhat will remove the oder of cat spray/urine from stuffed animals and other things that can't go in the washer
frebreeze
I've tried so many products over the course of my life and nothing has really ever worked before. If you can't put it in the washer machine and wash it several times. Just don't dry it. It will pry always come back, the stench that is. If you can neutralize it. Urine is a base so you would have to have a similar strength acid then I don't think it would ever really happen. So wash um, or toss um, or live with it.
If you want something that is quick and safe for people and animals, i suggest you use febreeze for animal odors. Or just use odo-ban.


Think about going to the grocery store and looking at some types of animal odor removers!


:]


Hope I was of any help to you!
Personally, I would just get rid of the stuffed animals and buy new ones.
I use Bac Out from Bio Kleen if I've got stuff that cats have sprayed. However, if it can't be completely cleaned, then the smell will probably never leave.





The stuffed animals can be washed (and may have to be more than once). You can spray the area with something first, and you can also add a cup of baking soda to the wash. This will really help remove the odor.





If you don't want to or can't wash the shag pillows then you might be out of luck. You'll probably have to live with the smell or toss them. If you decide to toss them, why not have a go at washing them first? Ya never know!





P.S. Make sure you wash in COLD water! Warm or hot will set it in, and then you're pretty much out of luck. Also, don't put in the dryer until you're sure the odor is really gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment