Thursday, December 24, 2009

What can I do about Sears Canada not willing to resolve a serious problem with my Kenmore washer?

I bought a Kenmore washer 5 years ago which has been leaking almost since I got it. No one can ever give me a straight answer or fix it. The last repair man they sent was not only extremely rude (even looked me up and down while talking to me and really made me uncomfortable) but said it would cost more than the machine was worth to fix and I should just buy a new machine. He then said he would temporarily fix the leak so I could use the machine a few times until I decided whether to get it fixed or buy a new one. When I tried to use the machine my floor was flooded and I also noticed a huge tear in the linoleum I had just had installed. I have phoned at least 10 times and sent 5 emails - I got a few calls saying someone would get back to me but they took their time %26amp; the person I finally spoke to was of no help - he said it was normal for such an expensive washer to only last a few years! There is much more to this story but not enough room - any ideas what I can do?What can I do about Sears Canada not willing to resolve a serious problem with my Kenmore washer?
sears??? wow i am shocked


did you get a manager..


like at sears not the repairman


and if you don't like that answer get a supervisor..


not demanding..cause 5 years has passed...but even if you got a pro rate..discount..don't forget the extended warranty?? did you accept that when you bought the appliance???


not saying ..but even for a court case the time limit is 2 years.


i would talk real nice to lots of people..and see what they offer.


also Sears appliance guys are on commission..so if you go back to the store..and get the appliance manager..he may swing you a great deal as a come-back..sale.. which would be cheaper than the repair. not saying anything will work..cause it is 5 years..but be creative.. it is 5 years..keep at it and be polite and persistant..


i got a great deal from Sears on a digi cam..just by being polite..What can I do about Sears Canada not willing to resolve a serious problem with my Kenmore washer?
Sears is great at working with customers that have issues. I would go to the store that you made the purchase (if possible) locate the department manager and explain your difficulties. Be specific about the problem(s) and ask him/her what Sears can do to help you. If the department manager cannot help, ask for the store manager. If everything FAILS, call your local TV station and ask them to investigate Sears. That normally gets A FAST response.
I would call the Better Business Bureau, that oversees such stores and see what they tell you/ . I would find out the name of the head one of the store and write to him/her and explain whats been happening,list all calls and dates of when you contacted Sears. I have a Kenmore for the past 20 years and the only thing that I have replaced was the dial on the top of the machine. So he's full of baloney they do last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment