Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is there a household item I can use to keep my windshield washer fluid in my car from freezing tonight?

add about 8oz,s of isopropyl alcohol...............do not use salt............that will just mess up your windshield.....like road salt.Is there a household item I can use to keep my windshield washer fluid in my car from freezing tonight?
Mmmm Windex, a little ammonia like Mr clean, vinegar will help also. Did you fill it with water.....shame shameIs there a household item I can use to keep my windshield washer fluid in my car from freezing tonight?
salt





adding salt will reduce the freezing point of the water





alcohol obviously but that was already said
You can buy non freezing windshield washer fluid at any auto parts store. Adding this to the fluid you have in there will stop it from freezing. I bought the stuff for my son during his college years - he wanted to ski %26amp; learn too! haha!!


I would beware of adding anything to fluid container as it could harden %26amp; weaken the tubes %26amp; fluid container itself.
rubbing alcohol or vinegar will help keep it from freezing up a little,if you can wrap the reservoir with an old towel this helps it a lot,it acts like a blanket for it,but sometimes we cant beat the cold,good luck maybe this will help.
yes !!!! but you would have to get into the liquor cabinet,,,
try adding a half a cup of vinegar, should work unless it gets below zero and it will help with getting the crud off your window easier
vinegar
a bottle of rubbing alcohol or some whiskey if you have some laying around.
rubbing alcohol, pour 1/3 - 1/2 a botttle in it
3 parts vinegar to 1part water

No comments:

Post a Comment