Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Ford Ka is missing its washer fluid reservoir lid. Where can I replace it?

I bought the car last month. I don't know if the lid was already missing when I bought it or decided to do a runner while I drove it. Is it safe to drive without the lid? I'm going on two hour journey tomorrow.My Ford Ka is missing its washer fluid reservoir lid. Where can I replace it?
If you go to a Ford garage they'll charge you far more than it's worth.


It's only the washer reservoir - any cap that fits will do. It's not under any pressure.


Alternatively, you could try a breaker's yard. They will probably let you have one for nothing.


It's perfectly safe to drive without one. If it's full up all that will happen is that someof the water will slosh out. I don't know how big the cap is on a Ka, but what about trying a milk bottle cap, or something like that. Anything will do - it's just there to stop dirt getting in (and this blocking up the water pipes, and that will be a pain to get sorted) and to stop the water sloshing out.My Ford Ka is missing its washer fluid reservoir lid. Where can I replace it?
It is completely safe to drive without the lid. If yo can't find the part at an auto parts store you should be able to get one from your local salvage yard
safe sure dont really need window washer at all


as nothing to do with how car runs


just how you clean windows
any parts store should have one.
yes it will not affect anything. your good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment